Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's been a while.

We have had such a whirlwind two weeks (more like two months). It's been crazy at our house. My Mom had spinal surgery on the 28th of August. She was doing quite well until she developed a fever and that set her back a few days. She wasn't up to par when they released her five days later, so I brought her back to my house to take care of her. She is doing much better now. I ended up taking her back to her house last Thursday night when my grandparents were able to come up to help. The same day Mom was admitted to the hospital, Val's (my sister-in-law) Father was admitted to the Hospital in Mesa for what they think is a brain tumor on the left side of his brain stem. He is still in the hospital and is expected to remain there until they finish all the testing. Val is having to have another surgery for Kidney stones as well I learned Friday.

Well, I wasn't feeling so well either. I have the curse of Ovarian cysts that frequently cause problems. So after a few days of barely being able to walk, I went in to the hospital for an Ultrasound on Friday afternoon. Within two minutes the ultrasound was done and a preliminary report was given by the Radiologist to my Doctor's office. They told me to call the Dr.'s office right away. So I did. I had an orange sized mass in (not on) my right ovary. The nurse said the Dr. was in surgery and between cases had seen the report and scheduled emergency surgery for the next morning to have it removed.

So they thought they could do a Laparoscopy to remove it, I spoke with the Dr. before the surgery and he felt very confident that he wouldn't have to open me up entirely to remove it, then they wheeled me in and off to la la land I went!

I woke up and the nurse told me she was going to get my sister, since Matt couldn't get out of work to be with me. Audree came in and told me that they couldn't get it and had to open me up anyway. SURPRISE!! The doctor came in and told me the mass was a lot harder than he expected it to be and that they would send it to pathology, but he still felt confident it was benign.

Needless to say, Friday is my last day at Dr. Ventura's. I feel terrible that this is kind of raining on my last week at the office. I tried to go in for a few hours yesterday, but it proved to be too soon. Well I am just waiting for Friday, that is when the report should be in on the mass.
I can't believe how terrible these last two months have been. It seems like a never ending drama.

3 comments:

The Nielsen Family said...

Hope everything turns out okay. Let us know if we can help

Kelli said...

Wow. Yeah let us know what you need. Take care. We Love you

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for all your help with my surgery. I'm so sorry that I couldn't be there for yours. You truly are a good person and one who loves to serve others. Thank you for being such a wonderful daughter and a good example.

I love you - Mom