Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Where has the time gone?

Wow, I can't believe it is already Fall. I feel like the last two months have lasted two years, but really I just can't believe how busy I have been.


I started my new job last week, and I love it. Quite a change of pace from being in a busy ENT practice! I had such strict structure, which had to be since we had just opened his new practice when I started for Dr. Ventura. Anyway it is a lovely change of pace and I really love the people I am working with! PLUS...did I tell you I get 26 days of Annual a year??!! HOLY COW!


Well the family is trying to get back to norm, following a crazy and sad two months. Matt is still having a terrible time with his tech, Brent Oborn's death. I am still very worried about him, but I hope time will help heal. Here is his Obit. If you didn't know, Matt pulled up on the accident after Brent called him to come tow him back into Chevy. Some lady hit him in the Emergency lane while DUI on Narcotics.


Brent LaMar Oborn


Brent LaMar Oborn, loving husband, father, brother, son and soon to be grandfather passed away Friday, Sept. 12, 2008 in Tooele, from an unfortunate automobile accident.
He was born a twin, May 15, 1961 in Salt Lake City, to Keith Melvin and Ruth Bennett Oborn. He was educated in the Salt Lake City School District and was a 1979 graduate of South High School. He served faithfully as a missionary in the South Carolina, Columbia mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Married his sweetheart, Debra Ann Tonge in 1983. To this union was born eight beautiful children.
Brent’s life exemplified many Christ-like attributes. He was a unique individual who knew the true value of service. There are countless recipients of his selfless acts of kindness. His family was the focus of his life. Brent was a wonderful teacher, listener, leader and counselor. He was patient, compassionate, understanding, forgiving and hard working with a superb sense of humor. Brent had a passion for automobiles which he made his lifelong profession as a trusted Master Auto Technician at Quality Chevrolet.
He enjoyed serving in his church and community, as well as basketball, model rockets, old western movies and cruising with his wife on the Honda Goldwing. Survived by his eternal companion, Debra Ann, children, Brandon and Rebecca, Derrik and Kari, Melissa and Matt Keanon, Cassondra, Shareese, Annalicia, Makenzie and Makayla. Parents, sister, Maureen and Dee Brereton, brothers Leon and Karen, Glenn and Norine and twin brother, Brian and Karen. Loving in-laws, Doug Sr. and Evelyn Tonge, Doug Jr. and Lisa Tonge, Jason and Julie Tonge and extended family.
Funeral services will be held Thursday, Sept. 18, 2008, at 11 a.m. at the Batesville Ward Chapel, 203 E. Erda Way, Erda. With a visitation that morning at the church from 9:30-10:30 a.m., also Wednesday evening from 6-8 p.m. at Tate Mortuary, 110 S. Main, Tooele. Interment will be in the Tooele City Cemetery. A fund has been established in Brent’s name for his family at HeritageWest Credit Union and Wells Fargo Bank.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Sounds like your job is going great. Tell Matt he is in our prayers, and we love him.

Anonymous said...

If you think time goes fast now, wait until you get my age.

I'm glad you like your new job, it sure makes it easier to get up in the mornings. Good luck with the 10-hour shifts. They can be killers if you don't get your sleep!

Love you - JoJo